This full-time non-exempt position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Clerk performs general accounting duties to include recording and setting up for the payment of all invoices, in accordance with company and established accounting policies and procedures. They will also provide entry-level clerical and frontline customer relations work.
- Match invoices with receiving tickets for inventory purchases.
- Charge expenses to general ledger accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices.
- Enter invoices accurately and timely into the software system.
- Maintain applicable information related to Accounts Payable transactions.
- Maintain vendor listing and W-9 files. Acquire tax identification numbers for all new and active vendors.
- Process and uploads A/P records to the bank.
- Reconciliation of expenses related to credit card purchases.
- Assist with the month-end process regarding Accounts Payable transactions.
- Process and post daily sales transactions.
- Maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Comply with all governmental laws and regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reports and documents will be processed timely and accurately.
- Review and process annual 1099-Miscellaneous and 1099-Interest tax forms for vendors at year end.
- Acts as back up for other office jobs such as the receptionist/administrative assistant.
- Aid in the data entry process for Accounts Receivable.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by Sr. Acct. Mgr.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of previous bookkeeping, accounting and/or financial experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages and apply basic concepts of Algebra.
- Ability to hold highly confidential information
- Effectively communicate with vendors, customers and other employees in the organization
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Extremely detail oriented
- A. Degree in Accounting or equivalent related experience
This position requires occasional opening and lifting of boxes and miscellaneous items up to 20 lbs.These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
Please send resumes and applications to email@example.com