The Electrical Engineering Internship is designed to provide on-the-job experience by connecting academic learning with hands-on work experience in a real-world setting. This paid position will be responsible for supporting various electrical engineering projects spanning new product development and current product support, through the 12-week internship in 2023.
• Follow directions provided by the Hardware Engineering Team Lead
• Read and analyze electronic schematics and practice circuit theory
• PCB design, layout, procurement, design validation
• Assist in engineering projects dealing with design, modifying, and testing of prototypes and products
• Work with multiple functional groups to achieve assigned tasks
• Provide support and potential solutions to identified areas as needed
• Must be a student enrolled in an accredited Engineering degree program, having completed at least two full-time semesters
• Demonstrate application of basic Electrical Engineering principles and tools
• Detail-oriented, high degree of attention to accuracy and detail
• Technically focused with enthusiasm to learn
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with CAD
• Familiarity with equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering irons, and other repair tools
This position works 40-50% of the time on a computer. Specific duties and equipment requirements of the position are: use of the engineering lab and all associated equipment necessary for product test, build, and functional validation. Typical equipment used for this position includes electrical measurement devices (oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, etc.), mechanical tools (hand tools, drill press, saws, etc.), and computer tools (CAD, Excel, programs for reviewing circuits, etc.) This position requires occasional carrying and lifting up to 40lbs. This position can include engineering lab and production floor hazards, and is seldom exposed to temperature extremes. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodations.
ABOUT WILLIAMS AV
HEAR. SEE. ENGAGE.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Williams AV designs and manufactures professional and consumer audio-video technology designed for inclusion and engagement. Williams AV believes that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication.
The company pioneered assistive listening systems in 1976 and, since then, has expanded its product portfolio to include AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems supporting human interpretation to enhance interpersonal communication. Williams AV, whose name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and service, has a global network of distributors and integrators spanning 60 countries. This network designs and installs the products in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums, while consumer products are used daily in homes worldwide.
Williams AV is a culture represented by these four values:
• Lead with Curiosity
• Prioritize People
• Own It
• Be There