The Electrical Project Engineer will provide technical and design project work that supports and collaborates with the Engineering team. You will participate in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing WAV products through your technical capabilities and electrical experiences.
- Support and implement hardware chosen by the team or senior level engineers aligning with product definition needs
- Assist in the integration, prototyping, debugging, and support throughout each product’s lifecycle
- Create and modify schematics and circuit boards using the latest revision and practices in Altium design software
- Modify and/or build small quantity circuit assemblies as needed using standard soldering techniques and lab tools
- Research and implement analog/digital interfaces; including communication buses, digital/analog audio processing, feedback/closed loop systems, etc. in low noise circuits using EMC/EMI design best practices.
- Work with ‘proof of concept’ circuits, identify issues, and document for corresponding design engineer
- Work with circuits to support interfaces including, for example: ADC, DAC, PWM, clock/timer signals, and other hardware/software interaction peripherals.
- Attend and learn from periodic regulatory testing onsite and offsite as needed for design projects
- Provide technical assistance to other departments of the company as requested.
- Adhere to project schedules; deliver prompt communication of status, anticipated delays, and obstacles.
- Search out, develop and expand core knowledge of essential technology and system concepts for use in new projects assigned.
- Comply with all governmental laws and regulations and standard procedures
- Perform additional tasks as may be assigned by the Engineering management
- S. in Engineering (or 5 years analog/digital hardware design experience)
- Knowledge or education in hardware circuit design and best engineering practice techniques for mixed signal solutions and/or processor based systems.
- Awareness of EMC/EMI design and potential impact on sensitive circuits
- Interest and desire to become proficient with design/test programs such as Spice, SpectraPLUS, and other computer based tools
- Interest and desire to characterize circuits and systems for performance metrics (THD, SNR, Frequency response, etc.)
- Quality conscious with a willingness and ambition to follow through
- Experience with serial and parallel communication buses such as SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, RS232/485, 4-bit/8-bit parallel, PCIe, or network/wireless peripherals (i.e. – Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Working knowledge of commercial sound equipment
- Experience designing a circuit board from scratch using Altium
- Experience using revision control systems
- Experience developing products under a product lifecycle management system
YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED BY YOUR ABILITY TO:
- Set an example for others following WAV’s values
- Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
- Lead development project and organizational initiatives
- Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
- Build trusted relationships that help develop the culture of excellence
- Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions driven by business needs
The Electrical Design Engineer position works 70-80% of the time on a computer. Specific duties and equipment requirements of the position are: use of the engineering lab and all associated equipment necessary for hardware and software development, testing, and functional validation. Typical equipment used for this position includes a computer, oscilloscope, logic or protocol emulator/analyzer, power supply, multi-meter, waveform generator, specialized gear for audio/RF analysis, etc. This position requires good communication and visual skills, and requires occasional carrying and lifting up to 40lbs. This position, can include engineering lab and production floor hazards, and may be exposed to temperature extremes. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodations.
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you are looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve those goals.
- Paid Time Off
- Company Holidays
- Company match 401K
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Williams AV manufactures pro AV technology for inclusion and engagement. At Williams AV, we believe that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication. Ideas are shared and productivity increases when everyone is included and able to collaborate.
For nearly 50 years, our products have helped simplify communication over distance and across both physical and language barriers. Starting out as an assistive listening system manufacturer, we have expanded our expertise in AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems that help with human interpretation.
Our pro AV products can be found in over 60 countries in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums. Our Williams Sound personal products are used daily in homes across all continents.
Williams AV helps people hear, see, and engage.