The Engineering Test Technician will be responsible for developing and executing validation tests for hardware and software that constitute Williams AV products. This role will research and provide innovative techniques to detect hardware/software defects. This role will also assist in deployment of testing/programming automation to manufacturing to maximize efficiencies and reduce costs. You will work closely with a team of skilled engineers while collaborating cross-functionally with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to execute and deliver project analysis and support.
This non-exempt position reports to the Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Team Lead
- Perform functional and usability tests on products in parallel with the engineering development
- Design and execute test protocols using effective control and variable separation so that tests are structured and
- Test released mobile apps against public beta versions of iOS and Android operating systems to identify compatibility
- Follow hardware/software engineer direction to gather characterization data, to understand edge cases and vulnerabilities, to ensure product designs meet requirements and
- Develop automated testing capabilities and reduce test process complexity as
- Maintain documentation and reports for test procedures and results
- Search out and actively learn new technologies and tools that can assist in more efficient test processes,
- Adhere to project schedules; deliver prompt communication of anticipated delays or
- Good technical competency in viewing and understanding programming code
- Experience with iOS and Android devices, basic understanding and knowledge of app navigation, device settings, and Wifi/Bluetooth connection setup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to explain technical concepts and document complex development structures
- Working knowledge of circuit design fundamentals, ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings, printed circuit board gerber files, bills of materials, component data sheets, and other parts to a design that facilitate proper test setup/direction
- Passion and sense of urgency to keep developments moving towards production
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Quality conscious with a willingness and ambition to follow through on each task
- Must be able to adapt to changing design priorities and stay productive with multiple assigned projects
- Associates degree in an electronics, software or related
- Working knowledge of commercial sound equipment
- Experience diagnosing hardware/software/firmware bugs
- Experience automating test equipment functions as a part of a production functional test system
- Experience working within regulatory entity constraints
YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED BY YOUR ABILITY TO
- Set an example for others following WAV’s values
- Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
- Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
- Build trusted relationships that help develop the culture of excellence
- Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions based on the needs of the business strategy
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you are looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve those goals.
- Company match 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Audio Video Repair Technician position is continuously reaching above shoulder level, and frequently carries and lifts up to 20-35 lbs. This position requires simple and firm grasping and fine manipulating of the hands to operate a soldering iron, needle nose pliers, clippers, and other tooling and testing equipment. Testing requires good visual, listening, hearing, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to read electronic equipment. Individual must be able to sit and/or stand at workbench/machines for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform repairs. This individual is exposed to dust, fumes, and gases. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
Williams AV manufactures pro AV technology for inclusion and engagement. At Williams AV, we believe that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication. Ideas are shared and productivity increases when everyone is included and able to collaborate.
For nearly 50 years, our products have helped simplify communication over distance and across both physical and language barriers. Starting out as an assistive listening system manufacturer, we have expanded our expertise in AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems that help with human interpretation.
Our pro AV products can be found in over 60 countries in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums. Our Williams Sound personal products are used daily in homes across all continents.
Williams AV helps people hear, see, and engage.