The Engineering Test Technician will be responsible for developing, implementing and validating hardware and software tests of products at the component, subassembly and device levels. This role will research and provide innovative techniques in detecting defects and test automation that maximize efficiencies and reduce costs. You will work closely with a team of skilled engineers while collaborating cross-functionally with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to execute and deliver project analysis and support.
· Perform functional and usability tests on products in parallel with the engineering development process
· Execute testing processes using effective control and variable separation so that tests are structured and conclusive
· Test released mobile apps against public beta versions of iOS and Android operating systems to proactively identify compatibility issues
· Follow hardware/software engineer direction to gather characterization data, to understand edge cases and vulnerabilities, to ensure product designs meet requirements and specifications
· Develop automated testing capabilities and reduce test process complexity as required
· Maintain documentation and reports for test procedures and results tracking
· Search out and actively learn new technologies and tools that can assist in more efficient test processes
· Adhere to project schedules; deliver prompt communication of anticipated delays or obstacles
· Associates degree in an electronics, software or related (or 3 years of technical troubleshooting experience in these fields with no degree)
· Good technical competency in viewing and understanding programming code structure (sometimes needed for test regimens)
· Experience with iOS and Android devices, basic understanding and knowledge of app navigation, device settings, and Wifi/Bluetooth connection setup
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to explain technical concepts and document complex development structures
· Working knowledge of circuit design fundamentals, ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings, printed circuit board gerber files, bills of materials, component data sheets, and other parts to a design that facilitate proper test setup/direction
· Passion and sense of urgency to keep developments moving towards production
· Ability to work with minimal direct supervision (alone or in teams)
· Quality conscious with a willingness and ambition to follow through on each task
· Must be able to adapt to changing design priorities and stay productive with multiple assigned projects
· Working knowledge of commercial sound and video equipment
· Experience diagnosing hardware, software and firmware bugs
· Experience automating test equipment functions as a part of a production functional test system
· Experience with formal Quality systems and processes
· Experience working with mobile device apps still in beta
· Experience working within regulatory entity constraints
YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED BY YOUR ABILITY TO:
· Set an example for others following WAV’s values
· Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
· Lead development project and organizational initiatives
· Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
· Build trusted relationships that help develop the culture of excellence
· Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions that drive results
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you are looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve those goals.
· Company match 401K
· Paid Time Off
· Company paid life insurance and disability
· Company Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
This position works 20-80% of the time on a computer. This position primarily utilizes computers, but may also have test needs that justify the use of oscilloscopes, logic and protocol emulators/analyzers, power supplies, multi-meters, waveform generators and other related gear. This position requires good visual skills and the ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
- Company match 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Williams AV manufactures pro AV technology for inclusion and engagement. At Williams AV, we believe that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication. Ideas are shared and productivity increases when everyone is included and able to collaborate.
For nearly 50 years, our products have helped simplify communication over distance and across both physical and language barriers. Starting out as an assistive listening system manufacturer, we have expanded our expertise in AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems that help with human interpretation.
Our pro AV products can be found in over 60 countries in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums. Our Williams Sound personal products are used daily in homes across all continents.
Williams AV helps people hear, see, and engage.