The International Technical Sales Manager will manage and support international sales activities to ensure that sales and profitability targets are met within a territory encompassing all of Europe (and Africa as well). The ITSM will work with existing distributors to grow sales and develop new markets and distributors.
We are looking for a self-starter who is confident working independently, since this a remote position managed from the US headquarters. This position is based in Europe, working out of a home office. While a central location close to a major airport hub is preferable, we will consider locations throughout the continent for the right candidate. The ideal candidate is able to both maintain and grow existing relationships and proactively pursue new opportunities. We are looking for a person with strong technical ability who is comfortable providing application advice and basic trouble-shooting support for local clients.
The position involves extensive travel throughout the territory.
- • Provide leadership and direction for international distributors to assure they achieve sales goals.
- • Establish, communicate and measure KPIs in quarterly meetings in order to drive distributor performance.
- • Identify and onboard new distributors in markets where we are not currently represented or where we need improved representation. Creatively utilize tools such as industry organizations, general networking and trade magazines to identify new distribution partners.
- • Conduct product demonstrations and sales presentations/training in person and online for distributors, integrators, end-clients and consultants.
- • Travel to the relevant international territories, 25-50%.
- • Support and negotiate large projects in cooperation with the Tech Blue design team and VP of International Sales.
- • Prepare quotes and price lists (with support from back office staff as needed). Advise distributors and dealers regarding product lead times and availability.
- • Maintain and update opportunity and client information in Salesforce CRM.
- • Provide basic technical advice and support for distributors and dealers. Conduct basic technical training in person and online.
- • Identify and help provide marketing support needs for distributors in order to assist their promotional efforts.
- • Participate in strategic planning sessions remotely or in-person locally or at the US headquarters. Help establish annual sales goals for each distributor and territory.
- • Maintain a good knowledge of trends and requirements in your territory. Communicate region-specific requirements within Williams AV, so that they can be considered for product development and marketing.
- • Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- • Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business or technical/engineering field
- • Minimum of 5 years of sales experience managing a distribution channel
- • Extensive international experience
- • 3-5 years of experience in Audio-Visual (AV), Music Industry (MI), Information Technology (IT), electronics or related industry
- • Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate/divisional objectives and quotas
- • History of developing strong and strategic relationships with B2B partners
- • Self-starter, able to work independently
- • Strong communication skills in English
- • Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- • Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point
- • Strong technical aptitude and interest
- • 25-50% international travel required (typically 1-2 trips per month throughout the territory)
- • Authorization to work in the European Union or the UK
- • Language skills in addition to English highly valued
- • IT network experience
- • Degree in International Business
- • Experience with CRM systems, especially Salesforce
Must be able to travel on long flights, sitting for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to operate computer and other office equipment for long periods of time. Periodically, lifting of heavy audio-visual equipment (50lbs/25kg) will be required.
ABOUT WILLIAMS AV
HEAR. SEE. ENGAGE.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Williams AV designs and manufactures professional and consumer audio-video technology designed for inclusion and engagement. Williams AV believes that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication.
The company pioneered assistive listening systems in 1976, since then expanding its product portfolio to include AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems supporting human interpretation to enhance interpersonal communication. Williams AV, whose name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and service, has a global network of distributors and integrators spanning 60 countries that designs and installs the products in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums, while consumer products are used daily in homes worldwide.
Entrenched in Williams AV is a culture represented by these four values:
• Lead with Curiosity
• Prioritize People
• Own It
• Be There
Please send resumes and applications to [email protected] or fill out the form below.