This exempt position reports to the Engineering Project Coordinator.
The Junior Project Engineer will provide direct support to our project management and engineering teams by coordinating multiple aspects of product development. This position supports Electrical and Mechanical engineering efforts from design inception to product obsolescence. It is an interdepartmental coordination position, supporting manufacturing, procurement and quality control functions. This role provides an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or new professionals to gain valuable experience and develop their skills.
- Manage and maintain a controlled Electrical and Mechanical Engineering design output documentation system
- Read and maintain Engineering drawings, CAD models, specifications, and schematics.
- Review electrical and mechanical designs to ensure adherence to design output standards.
- Research and approve alternate electronic components based on part specification and details in the product schematic. Maintain bills of materials. Maintain a database of approved components.
- Assist the Engineering Project Manager with organizational tasks as needed to support new product introductions and product obsolescence management.
- Assist Quality Control by creating incoming inspection documentation for electronic and mechanical components.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering by creating documentation defining how to build, program, and test new and existing products. Write test procedures to quickly and accurately assess product performance and verify it operates as designed.
- Operate electronics test equipment as needed to write and validate test procedures, assist with product beta testing and design validation efforts, and support design engineering as needed.
- S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to operate electronics test equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMM, Power Supplies, Audio Generators, etc)
- Understanding of Electronics Manufacturing practices and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Electrical CAD (Altium), 3D CAD (Solidworks)
YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED BY YOUR ABILITY TO:
- Set an example for others following WAV’s values
- Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
- Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
- Build trusted relationships that help develop the culture of excellence
- Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions driven by business needs
The Junior Project Engineer position works 70-80% of the time on a computer. Specific duties and equipment requirements of the position are: use of the engineering lab and all associated equipment necessary for hardware and software development, testing, and functional validation. Typical equipment used for this position includes a computer, oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, waveform generator, specialized gear for audio/RF analysis, etc. This position requires good communication and visual skills, and requires occasional carrying and lifting up to 40lbs. This position, can include engineering lab and production floor hazards, and may be exposed to temperature extremes. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodations.
- Company match 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Williams AV manufactures pro AV technology for inclusion and engagement. At Williams AV, we believe that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication. Ideas are shared and productivity increases when everyone is included and able to collaborate.
For nearly 50 years, our products have helped simplify communication over distance and across both physical and language barriers. Starting out as an assistive listening system manufacturer, we have expanded our expertise in AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems that help with human interpretation.
Our pro AV products can be found in over 60 countries in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums. Our Williams Sound personal products are used daily in homes across all continents.
Williams AV helps people hear, see, and engage.