This exempt position reports to the Production Manager
The Manufacturing Engineer will assist the company in maintaining the ability to manufacture current products in production. Interaction and communication with other departments to support continued shipping of product will be provided on relevant projects to other departments of the company, through the conscientious effort of the person in this position. The Manufacturing Engineer will also demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in the day-to-day issues that arise with end-of-life/long lead time parts challenges that arise. This person will also own implementation of productivity improvement programs in the operation such as Lean.
• Apply Lean manufacturing methods and initiatives to reduce non-value add activity to drive productivity, enhance quality, and maximize production resources.
• Coordinate and teach Lean manufacturing principles and improvement activities to production department.
• Support Value Analysis/Value Engineering of current and future products.
• Lead continuous improvement teams with representatives from manufacturing, product engineering, and procurement and supplier quality.
• Act as a liaison between production and design engineering to feedback design issues and resolve them for future builds.
• Support quality and sourcing functions in building capable electronic board PCBA assembly contract manufactures. As needed assist in troubleshooting, training and smooth flow of high yield parts into the WAV assembly operations.
• Keep the building, testing, and shipping of current products moving smoothly through production by urgently troubleshooting technical problems that arise with process, tools, EOL.
• Knowledgably select alternate electronic and/or mechanical parts when parts of currently manufactured products are identified as end-of-life, long lead time, or unacceptable quality.
• Consult with Engineering after reaching conclusions and/or solutions (e.g. – process adjustments, alternate parts, needed design changes, etc.) to approve the proposed plan is sufficient for the design needs of the product.
• Work closely with Engineering to create test fixtures as needed for new production products, or products that need duplicate fixtures for additional throughput.
• Maintain test fixtures and keep them in proper working order to ensure test procedures produce product that meet or exceed quality standards.
• Use Engineering Test Procedures, Programming Procedures, etc. to create Manufacturing processes that maintain the same magnitude of testing, but cater the process to manufacturing flow and step-by-step responsibilities.
• Be the front line of defense for problems that arise during production builds while assemblers, technicians, etc. are building and/or testing product for work orders, provide knowledgeable and applicable solutions to get production back on line quickly while still adhering to the established process.
• Work closely with the Production Supervisors and Managers to ensure maintenance or planned changes are performed during production down times so urgent shipments are not affected.
• Communicate effectively with production personnel to understand their problems, work flow, and provide applicable suggestions and solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt and adjust priorities to daily changes in shipping needs, as well as embrace positive and negative feedback to hone skills and continually improve.
• Create and update purchasing and quality documentation of implemented solutions, to support the consistency, cross department understanding, and procurement function as required.
• Search out and actively learn new technologies and tools that can assist in faster/better production processes, improve product quality and product costs.
• Adhere to project schedules; deliver prompt communication of anticipated delays or obstacles.
• Follow and create documents and systematize all routine work in a manner that follows Williams AV Engineering and Manufacturing standards.
• Comply with all governmental laws and regulations.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality as outlined in the Working Hours Policy and Procedure.
• Perform additional tasks as may be assigned by the Production Manager
• B.S. in Engineering with a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience
• Working understanding of Lean principles and production methodology
• Proven ability in complex systems to dive in and troubleshoot technical problems ranging from straightforward to intermittent, with varying prior knowledge of the system or product
• Deep understanding of troubleshooting mixed signal electronics, and ability to apply those concepts to highly calibrated/controlled systems
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to break through barriers and challenge the status quo
• Passion and sense of urgency to keep product shipping
• Confident when solving complex problems
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Quality conscious with a willingness and ambition to follow through
• Must be able to adapt to the ever changing manufacturing circumstances
• Good interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of commercial sound equipment
• Lean Six Sigma experience
• Experience automating test equipment functions as a part of a production functional test system
• Experience with formal Quality systems and processes
The Manufacturing Continuation Engineer position works 10-75% of the time on a computer depending on workload needs. Specific duties and equipment requirements of the position are: use of the engineering machine shop and all associated equipment necessary for product test, build, and functional validation. Typical equipment used for this position includes electrical measurement devices (oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, etc.), mechanical tools (hand tools, drill press, saws, etc.), and computer tools (CAD, Excel, programs for reviewing circuits, etc.) This position requires excellent communication and visual skills, and requires occasional carrying and lifting up to 40lbs. This position, can include engineering lab and production floor hazards, and is seldom exposed to temperature extremes. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodations.
We are fully committed to making your career rewarding through compensation and offered benefits. WAV utilizes several strategies to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits as a total rewards package. The health and wellness of you and your family are vital to your well-being and our company’s success.
• Medical, Dental and Vision –WAV offers two HDHP options for medical insurance along with NICE, a virtual doctor visit program that is completely paid for by WAV
• Limited Purpose FSA –pre-tax savings when enrolled in one of our HDHP medical plans
• HSA – Contribute tax-free dollars to help offset the cost of eligible healthcare expenses
• Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance Coverage
• Paid Vacation and Medical Time Off
• 401K Benefits with company matching contribution
Please send resumes and applications to email@example.com