This exempt position reports to the Vice President of Sales
The Networked Product Specialist will be the primary interface for all Williams AV networked products. This includes supporting end-user customers, technical support for integrators/installers and providing training for Williams AV (WAV) internal teams and sales channels. The Networked Product Specialist will also make recommendations for future product enhancements based on customer feedback. This exempt position reports to the Vice President of Sales and is part of the William AV TechBlue technical team.
To be successful in this role, the individual must work well with TechBlue team members, pay close attention to detail, be analytical in problem solving and take initiative to support customers and team members. The Network Product Specialist must have a high-degree of skill in configuration and troubleshooting of network controllers, routers, switches, access points and security protocols.
Responsibilities and Duties
Pre-Sale Technical Support
- Serve as a primary interface to Williams AV customers to assess customer’s network with respect to using WAV networked products, determine customer needs, gathering network details, and assist in network design optimization and configuration for use with WAV newtorked products.
- Create documentation for best practices in deploying WAV networked products with typical wired/wireless network hardware, ie., Cisco, Ruckus, etc.
- Provide network designs and network configuration recommendations.
- Provide backup design support for WAV professional assistive listening systems.
- Create and deliver training to WAV internal teams on WAV networked products and wireless networks.
- Create and deliver network training and certification for WAV networked products to external customers.
Installation Technical Support
- Serve as a technical resource to professional AV integrators/installers during installation and configuration of WAV networked products. This includes telephone consultation, virtual support sessions and on-site visits to high profile installations.
- Provide installation best practices as needed.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to installers for WAV networked products.
- Provide backup customer support assistance for all other Williams AV professional products as a member of the TechBlue support team.
Post-Sale Technical Support
- Provide troubleshooting assistance on connectivity issues, lost password assistance and licensing questions for WAV networked products.
- Regular monitoring of active systems and proactive problem-solving.
Conduit for Customer Feedback
- Collect and categorize customer ideas, complaints, and recommendations for consideration in future product and software development plans.
- Provide feedback to WAV engineering staff by participating in WAV product development roadmap meetings.
- Represent Williams AV and its networked products at selected trade shows and sales presentations.
- Record all support activities and manage active cases in Salesforce CRM system.
- Other duties assigned by the VP of US Sales.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
The Networked Product Specialist position requires mobility and the ability to travel worldwide. Strong verbal, written, hearing, and visual skills are necessary for comprehensive communications. The individual in this position is also required to lift occasionally and carry up to 35 lbs. The individual in this position must be highly proficient with a computer, telephone, email and other general office equipment . These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in designing, installing, implementing and troubleshooting enterprise-level, wired and wireless networks.
- Must be proficient with configuration and management of common network components (controllers, routers, switches, access points)
- Technical support experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for problem-solving and creating a positive customer experience.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details at a customer level of understanding.
- Certifications and/or training in one or more of the following: CWNP, Cisco, Ruckus, HP, Juniper, CompTIA or other training and certifications.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- Technical sales or customer service experience.
- Experience using MS Office software, SalesForce.
- Audio Visual Equipment knowledge/experience.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to HR@williamsav.com