This non-exempt position reports to the Production Manager.
The Product Service Technician will be responsible for providing quality service through managing the repair and testing of RF, IR and Digital Loop, Wi-fi and Bluetooth products. They will provide technical support to our customers by working through installation and operational difficulties.
- Test, tune, adjust, and prepare products according to written specifications and procedures.
- Read and analyze schematics as necessary for testing, tuning, and repairing RF, IR and Digital Loop, Wifi and Bluetooth
- Inspect the completed product, to defined Williams AV (WAV) quality and performance standards, thereby assuring the product to be defect‑free before returning to the customer.
- Inform Supervisor of any recurring defects discovered in product item, test equipment, or other procedures necessary for quality service.
- Use computer to access and enter customer, product and service data. Provide “reports” as required.
- Offer technical support via telephone and computer.
- Perform special tasks as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Repair, solder and test board level work with surface mount and thru-hole components.
- Comply with all governmental laws and regulations.
- Follow test procedures, processes, and other WAV
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- This job is a front-line position and is important to the image of WAV. This person must deal continually with repetitive technical questions and customers with varying problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; patient and sympathetic to customers in order to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; strong organization and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus; ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic to provide products that meet or exceed WAV quality standards and satisfy the customer.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT OF POSITION
The Product Service Technician position is continuously reaching above shoulder level, and frequently carries and lifts up to 20-35 lbs. This position requires simple and firm grasping and fine manipulating of the hands to operate a soldering iron, needle nose pliers, clippers, and other tooling and testing equipment. Testing requires good visual, listening, hearing, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to read electronic equipment. Individual must be able to sit and/or stand at workbench/machines for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform repairs. This individual is exposed to dust, fumes, and gases. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
- 2 year A.A./A.S. electronics degree or equivalent work experience.
- An understanding of the function of the RF, IR and Digital circuit and each component
- Mastery operating an oscilloscope, audio generator, frequency counter, deviation meter, wave analyzer, RF signal generator, watt meter, voltmeter, soldering iron, power solder sucker, and many other repair tools.
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Read and analyze schematics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Outlook and Word as well as a variety of internet browsers.
- Dependable and reliable
- Quality and detailed oriented.
- Mechanical aptitude
To apply for this position, please send your resume to HR@williamsav.com