As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will design, develop, and test electrical hardware for our assistive communication products, spending most of your time doing hands-on development. You will be a significant contributor to, and the owner of, key technical and architectural decisions. You will also contribute to and champion the modernization of our hardware development processes. You will be supported through coaching, mentorship, and training to help you thrive at Williams AV. You will strengthen our collaborative work culture by being an open and effective communicator, approaching creative conflicts with empathy, and mentoring your less-experienced peers.
• Lead design and development of electrical systems from concept to completion
• Execute detailed circuit analysis and simulation in order to optimize performance and validate functionality
• Collect and analyze data to identify trends, anomalies, and potential areas for improvement; draw valuable insights to support project objectives
• Lead and manage the PCB layout design process, translating electrical schematics into efficient and manufacturable PCB layouts
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate electrical designs seamlessly into the end product
• Conduct thorough testing and verification of electrical designs
• Estimate the amount of effort needed to achieve engineering tasks such as design and testing, and help ensure execution tracks estimates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution, plus 10 years of experience
• Proficiency in electrical design software, including CAD tools and simulation programs
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to propose effective solutions
• Experience designing and developing RF circuits and systems, particularly FM
• Proficiency in Altium
• Experience planning and executing regulatory tests to assess product compliance with safety and performance standards
• Knowledge of EMC best practices to minimize EMI emissions and improve signal integrity
• Good communication skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience working with embedded firmware developers, or experience coding firmware directly
• Proven track record of delivering high-quality technical documentation
YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED BY YOUR ABILITY TO:
• Set an example for others following WAV’s values
• Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different, and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
• Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
• Build trusted relationships that help develop a culture of excellence
• Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions based on the needs of the business strategy
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you are looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve those goals.
• Company match 401K
• Paid Time Off
• Company-paid life insurance and disability
• Company Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT OF POSITION
This position works the majority of the time on a computer or in the lab. This position utilizes oscilloscopes, logic, and protocol emulators/analyzers, power supplies, multi-meters, waveform generators, and other related gear and requires good visual skills. This position may also require the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
ABOUT WILLIAMS AV
HEAR. SEE. ENGAGE.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Williams AV designs and manufactures professional and consumer audio-video technology designed for inclusion and engagement. Williams AV believes that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication.
The company pioneered assistive listening systems in 1976 to help people who are hard of hearing. Since then, the company has expanded its product portfolio to include AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems supporting human interpretation to enhance interpersonal communication. Williams AV, whose name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and service, has a global network of distributors and integrators spanning 60 countries. This network designs and installs the products in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums, while consumer products are used daily in homes worldwide.
Williams AV is a culture represented by these four values:
• Lead with Curiosity
• Prioritize People
• Own It
• Be There