As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll design, develop, and test embedded software features for our assistive communication products, spending most of your time doing hands-on development. You will be a significant contributor to and the owner of key technical and architectural decisions. You will also contribute to and champion the modernization of our software development processes and tools.
You will be supported through coaching, mentorship, and training to help you thrive at Williams AV. You will strengthen our collaborative work culture by being an open and effective communicator, approaching creative conflicts with empathy, and mentoring your less-experienced peers.
- • Perform engineering activities across all stages of the software development life cycle, including technology exploration, requirements management, design, implementation, test, release, and continuation engineering
- • Design and build a solution architecture that is scalable across our product portfolio, reducing the cost to develop and maintain solutions
- • Work on a variety of hardware and software platforms, from bare metal code on a simple 8051 controller to application-level code on an ARM processor
- • Act as the subject matter expert on embedded programming concepts and techniques such as device driver development, inter-chip communication protocols, real-time operating systems, timing & memory optimization, etc
- • Spearhead improving the quality of our software by being an active participant in peer reviews of design, code, test cases, and documentation, and by developing and maintaining automated tests
- • Contribute to the software technology roadmap by identifying technologies and capabilities relevant to meeting future customer needs and by recommending strategies to reduce the technical risk in productizing the technologies
- • Coach and mentor team members on software design and development best practices and techniques
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- • 5+ years of professional experience developing embedded software products
- • Experience writing bare metal drivers for microcontroller device peripherals and for communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, USB, and I2S (audio)
- • Experience with a real-time operating system such as FreeRTOS, Zephyr OS, or Linux-based real-time operating systems
- • Experience working with communication technologies such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and RF
- • Hands-on experience with using debugging tools and techniques to troubleshoot low-level embedded issues and a strong fundamental knowledge of electrical circuits
- • Experience breaking down complex product requirements into clear engineering requirements and further down into bite-sized units of work
- • Experience working in an agile development environment with tools such as Jira
- • Exposure to modern software development paradigms such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps and the software tools to implement these paradigms such as Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory, etc
- • The ability to program in higher-level languages such as C# or Python
- • Knowledge of digital signal processing with an emphasis on audio filtering
Your Success Will Be Measured By Your Ability To:
- • Set an example for others following WAV’s values
- • Demonstrate and promote the capability and willingness to adapt to new, different, and changing requirements and assignments driven by business needs
- • Implement sustainable processes and change within WAV
- • Build trusted relationships that help develop a culture of excellence
- • Bring forward innovative and differentiated solutions driven by business needs
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you are looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve those goals.
- • Medical
- • Dental
- • HSA
- • Company match 401K
- • Paid Time Off
- • Company-paid life insurance and disability
- • Company Holidays
- • Tuition Reimbursement
This position works the majority of the time on a computer or in the lab. This position utilizes oscilloscopes, logic, and protocol emulators/analyzers, power supplies, multi-meters, waveform generators, and other related gear and requires good visual skills. This position may also require the ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
ABOUT WILLIAMS AV
HEAR. SEE. ENGAGE.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Williams AV designs and manufactures professional and consumer audio-video technology designed for inclusion and engagement. Williams AV believes that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication.
The company pioneered assistive listening systems in 1976, since then expanding its product portfolio to include AI-powered captioning and translation, wireless intercom, video annotation, and systems supporting human interpretation to enhance interpersonal communication. Williams AV, whose name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and service, has a global network of distributors and integrators spanning 60 countries that designs and installs the products in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums, while consumer products are used daily in homes worldwide.
Entrenched in Williams AV is a culture represented by these four values:
• Lead with Curiosity
• Prioritize People
• Own It
• Be There
Please send resumes and applications to [email protected] or fill out the form below.