Building on years of infrared audio delivery expertise, Williams Sound is pleased to introduce the new SoundPlus®IR T2 commercial-grade, medium-area infrared transmitter. Its sleek, compact footprint is ideal for assistive listening and language interpretation in commercial spaces such as conference rooms, assisted living facilities, small cinema/theaters, classrooms and courtrooms. The new IR T2 infrared transmitter offers 50 percent greater coverage than the previous IR device (WIR TX75) and new control system readiness — all at a more affordable price. With a significantly wider coverage pattern and more power, there is no need for the additional expense of secondary units.
This device has replaced the WIR TX75.
(1) IR T2 infrared transmitter
(1) BKT 024 wall / ceiling mounting bracket
(1) TFP 057 international power supply with line cord
How It Works
The IR T2 can be controlled remotely via RS-232 commands. The commands include:
- Powering the unit on/off
- Remotely setting the IR frequency (2.3/2.8 or 3.3/3.8)
- Muting the outgoing audio without powering off
- Turning back panel LEDs on or off
- Troubleshooting abilities
A full list of commands is available on the downloads tab in the IR T2 Programmer’s Guide.