The T46 transmitter will broadcast a speaker’s voice on one of seventeen available channels, 72-76 MHz, to listeners using an R37, R37-8, or R38 receiver. The unit features an easy-to-read OLED screen, convenient menu control buttons, flexible mic and auxiliary inputs, push-button on/off/mute controls, channel lock and selectable compression. Lightweight and portable, the PPA T46 has a transmission range of up to 150 feet (46 m). It is ideal for providing hearing assistance for students in the classroom, tour group participants, employee training, business meetings and more.
Note: The Personal PA® system is approved by the FCC for operation in U.S. markets. The Personal PA® cannot be used in all countries. Check with your government´s radio regulations for 72 – 76 MHz operation.
(1) PPA T46 Transmitter
(1) BAT 001-2 (2) AA Batteries
(1) CLP 023 Belt Clip
(1) WCA 087 Auxiliary Input Cable
Microphone sold separately.
*All items can be purchased separately
- 17-channel selectable, 72-76 MHz
- Digitally synthesized frequencies
- 1.25″ OLED interface displays:
- master [&] aux volume level
- mic mute
- settings lock
- battery level
- Easy-to-use menu-access controls:
- microphone and auxiliary levels
- 8- or 17-channel mode selection
- current frequency/channel number
- compression (1:1 or 2:1)
- display settings
- MIC input accepts electret mic with 3.5 mm mono plug
- AUX audio input accepts 2.5 mm stereo plug (i.e for MP3 or CD player)
- Range of up to 150’ (with PPA R37 receiver)
- FCC Part 15 compliant
- Belt clip for hands-free operation
- Meets ADA guidelines
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime PLUS Limited Warranty (90 days on accessories)
PPA T46 architectural and engineering specifications
- The transmitter shall be a wide-band body-pack transmitter and shall operate on 17 selectable frequencies between 72MHz and 76MHz. It shall operate for up to 30 hrs with two AA Alkaline batteries and be housed in a black plastic enclosure with an aluminum faceplate. It shall have battery recharge ability utilizing Williams Sound drop-in chargers.
- The transmitter shall have a 3.5 mm microphone jack and a 2.5 mm auxiliary audio input jack. The microphone cord will serve as the transmitting antenna. The Transmitter shall have three buttons on the front to access channel select, master and aux gain, compression on/off, channel lock and screen adjustments. There shall be an OLED screen on the front of the Transmitter displaying current operating status and menu information.
- The transmitter shall have the ability to operate in dual channel mode whereby the user can switch between two different transmitting channel presets, each with its own set-up parameters (channel, master volume, aux volume).
- There shall be a power switch which also serves as a microphone mute control on the top bezel of the transmitter.
- The transmitter shall have wide band FM modulation at 75 KHz peak with a frequency response of 180 Hz to 13 KHz.
- The transmitter shall be covered under a limited lifetime parts and labor warranty.
- The transmitter shall comply with FCC Part 15.
- This transmitter shall be the Williams Sound model PPA T46.
||4.1” L x 2.8” W x 1.1” D (104 mm x 71 mm x 28 mm)
||2.6 oz (74 g), no batteries
||Shatter-resistant PC/ABS plastic with textured scratch-resistant aluminum faceplate
|Battery Type options:
||Two (2) AA 1.5 V non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries (BAT 001-2), 75 mA nominal current drain, up to 30 hours battery life
|Two (2) AA 1.5 V NiMH rechargeable batteries (BAT 026-2), 75 mA nominal current drain, up to 20 hours battery life per charge, recharges in 14–16 hours, uses CHG 3502 or CHG 3512 Charger
||Selectable, 17 channels, 72.1 – 75.9 MHz*. Switchable 8 or 17 Channel Mode. (8-channel mode setting corresponds with PPA R35-8 receiver channels)
||± .005%, frequency synthesized, crystal reference, PLL
||Wide-band FM, 75 kHz peak, 75 µS pre-emphasis
||80 mV/m at 3 m (max. allowed by FCC rules)
||150 ft/45 m
||180 Hz to 13 kHz, ± 3 dB at 1% max. THD
||65 dB (typical) transmitted
||Integral with microphone cord
||Electret type, 3.5 mm mono plug
||OLED for status and menu information.
Status: Ch/Freq, Mic Audio Level, Auxiliary Input Audio Level, Battery Status, Mic Mute, Channel Lock, Dual-Preset mode.
Menu: Ch/Freq display mode select, Volume, Aux Input, Compression,
17 or 8-channel mode, screen time out, screen brightness, restore default settings
||Momentary push button: push and hold 3 seconds for power On/Off, push and release for microphone mute On/Off. “Up”, “Down” and “Menu” buttons for accessing and changing transmitter settings. Battery type switch (Alkaline or NiMH) located behind the battery compartment door
||Power LED – Green, flashes when battery is low
||3.5 mm mono jack with electret mic bias, adjustable gain with
25 dB range
||2.5 mm stereo jack, adjustable gain with 60 dB range
||1:1 (off) or 2:1 (on) selectable in menu
||PFM R31, PFM R32, PFM R33, PFM R36, PPA R35, PPA R37, PPA R35-8, PPA R1600,
||FCC, Industry Canada, RoHS, WEEE
||Lifetime PLUS Limited Warranty, 90 Days on most accessories.
The PPA T46 is FCC Part 15 compliant.
Effective July 11, 2016, the FCC has mandated tighter emissions limits on auditory assistance transmitters (72-76 MHz) manufactured or imported after this date to help avoid interference with and/or degradation of other airborne signals (All products manufactured prior to July 11, 2016, are compliant). Williams Sound FM transmitters – PPA T46, PPA T27 and PPA T45 (all models) – all have received a Grant of Certification from the FCC and are fully compliant/approved under this new mandate.
Lifetime PLUS Limited