The Quality/Manufacturing Engineering Internship is designed to provide on-the-job experience by connecting academic learning with hands-on work experience in a real-world setting. This paid position will be responsible for supporting various electrical engineering projects spanning new product development and current product support, through the 12-week internship.
• Write standard operating procedures
• Document control
• Data analytics and composition
• Assist Quality Manager with internal quality investigations (CAPA)
• Support operations through receiving inspection, kit verification, and process control
• Disposition and process of non-conforming product
• Calibration of factory tools and equipment
• Must be a student enrolled in an accredited degree program, having completed at least two full-time semesters
• Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Detail-oriented, high degree of attention to accuracy and detail
• Process-focused with enthusiasm to learn
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma ideology
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT OF POSITION
This position works 50-75% of the time on a computer. Specific duties and equipment requirements of the position are: use of the engineering lab and all associated equipment necessary for product test, build, and functional validation. Typical equipment used for this position includes electrical measurement devices (oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, etc.), mechanical tools (hand tools, drill press, saws, etc.), and computer tools (Word, Excel, etc.) This position requires occasional carrying and lifting up to 40lbs. This position can include engineering lab and production floor hazards, and is seldom exposed to temperature extremes. These physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodations.
ABOUT WILLIAMS AV
HEAR. SEE. ENGAGE.
Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Williams AV designs and manufactures professional and consumer audio-video technology designed for inclusion and engagement. Williams AV believes that understanding is more than just hearing the words someone is speaking. When technology improves intelligibility and visibility, people can engage in every aspect of communication.
The company’s product portfolio includes assistive listening, wireless intercom, and systems supporting human interpretation to enhance interpersonal communication. Williams AV, whose name is synonymous with innovation, quality, and service, has a global network of distributors and integrators spanning over 60 countries. This network designs and installs the products in venues ranging from classrooms and courtrooms to houses of worship and stadiums, while consumer products are used daily in homes worldwide.
Williams AV is a culture represented by these four values:
• Lead with Curiosity
• Prioritize People
• Own It
• Be There